Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members and their families to assure safe and sanitary operations of the pool and facilities. Your cooperation in following these rules will help ensure that your pool visits are pleasant, relaxing and fun. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all regulations and obey the instructions of all pool employees. Any failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for any action deemed necessary by the Management, including the barring of violators from the use of the pool.
The pool will be in the charge of the Pool Manager and her/his staff, all of whom are under the direct supervision of the Personnel Committee and Board of Directors.
We wish for all the members to have an enjoyable and SAFE swimming season. We believe that by adhering to the following rules and regulations, this will be accomplished.
- The 25/10 Rule: If your child cannot swim a 25 (length of the pool), then you must be within 10 feet of that child while they are in the pool.
- Also, as a reminder, if you child is a baby or toddler, you must be arms length from them while in the water.
The diving board is to be opened or closed upon a patron’s request. The following rules apply to diving board use:
- Confirm with lifeguard that the diving board is open
- Children must pass deep end swim test to use diving board. Ask a lifeguard if you would like them to test your child.
- One person on the board at a time
- No floatation devices on the board
- Wait until previous diver is at the ladder at the side of the pool before mounting board
- No excessive bouncing
- Dive straight off the end of the board, not the side
- Swim to ladder after surfacing
- No one is allowed in the diving well during an active dive
- Swimmers are allowed in diving well only when board is closed. Confirm with lifeguard that board is closed.
- No running dives from pool deck.
No patrons are allowed to throw objects from one side of the pool to the other and no patrons are allowed to throw hard objects in the pool. Beach balls, squishy balls, squishy Frisbees, dive rings, dive sticks, and torpedoes are the only types of “balls” allowed.
No patrons are allowed to slap pool noodles on the surface of the water nor are they allowed to play tug of war with the noodles. Patrons are not allowed to put pool noodles in the pool drains or jets.
Rules and Regulations
- Children under ten must be accompanied by adult or sitter over the age of 16
- Individuals accompanying a child are responsible for the child’s behavior in the bath house.
- All persons shall obey the instructions of the manager and lifeguards
- No person shall use the pool unless it is officially open and the lifeguards are on duty
- Admission to the pool shall be refused to any person having communicable skin diseases, sore or inflamed eyes, a cold, or nasal or ear discharge. Persons with excessive sunburn, open sores, or bandages of any kind are not to be admitted
- Before entering the pool, all persons shall take a shower; after using the toilet, all persons shall take a shower before returning to the pool
- Running, rough play, and personal conduct endangering the safety of self and others in any portion of the establishment is prohibited
- Swimmers must pass a deep end test to swim in the roped off area or diving well.
- Animals, glass containers, and chewing gum may not be brought into the pool enclosure.
- Food, drink, papers and smoking are permitted only in the grass areas adjacent to the pool deck
- Food and drinks are not to be consumed on the pool deck, please use the grassy area
- All trash must be placed in appropriate trash containers
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose etc are not permitted in the pool
- Bathers shall keep clear of the lifeguard stands and guard office at all times
- No children under 10 years of age shall be allowed in the pool area unless accompanied by a responsible person above the age of 13.
- Children over the age of 6 are not permitted in the wading pool. Children under the age of 6 are permitted in the wading pool when accompanied by a responsible person over the age of 13.
- Diving Board: See above.
- Intoxicated persons and alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- The management is responsible for the strict enforcement of the rules. The following is a list of actions that may be taken by the management in case of rule violations:
1st offense- warning to offender
2nd offense- offender sits out for 5-15 minutes
3rd offense- offender is removed from the pool for the remainder of the day
- The pool will be closed at the first sound of thunder or first sight of lightning for 30 minutes from the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning
- The pool will close when the outdoor temperature is below 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Herndon Recreation Inc. and its management assumes no responsibility for lost or missing items
- Members are responsible for the actions of their guests. Any damages to HRI property will be the responsibility of the member
- Herndon Recreation Inc. or its management may close any part of the facility due to mechanical failures or health related incidents
- Abusive language will NOT be tolerated
- A guest pass may be punched or a $5 fee may be paid for all guests visiting the facility
- A guest is defined as any non member over one year of age
- No water guns